Tuesday, March 23, 2010

[The Untouched Dreams]


There's this song by Barlow Girl and its called Surrender:
-This song reflects my heart and what i need to do...

"My hands hold safly to my dreams Clutching tightly not one has fallenSo many years I've shaped each oneReflecting my heart showing who I amNow you're asking me to show What I'm holding oh so tightlyCan't open my hands can't let goDoes it matter?Should I show you?Can't you let me go?Surrender, surrender you whisper gentlyYou say I will be freeI know but can't you see?My dreams are me. Mydreams are me You say you have a plan for meAnd that you want the best for my lifeTold me the world had yet to seeWhat you can do with oneThat's committed to Your callingI know of course what I should doThat I can't hold these dreams foreverIf I give them now to YouWill You take them away forever?Or can I dream again?"


For some reason this song has always touched my heart. Because i have so many dreams that i have for so long kept to myself. And like the song says that im holding on to the so tightly and all of them reflect my heart and they show who i really am. For me that is something that is so dear to my heart. because many of these dreams i keep to myself because its that one part in my life that no one has gotten t0. And its the one part of my heart that no one has destroyed. For it remains untouched..And the reasons i kept these to myself is because i was afraid if i ever shared them with anyone people would just put them down and smash it and that would destroy whatever is left of my heart. So i just kept these things in my heart. I realized one thing-i have to give God ALL of my heart .And Not just most of it. And i realized that if i give them to God that he's the one that can make these things in my heart work towards the glory of him. I know that its not going to be easy for me because its the peice of my heart that no one has touched and no one knows, but i realized that if i dont give them to God how will they ever come true? Because i cant do them with out him. I know its going to be difficult and i know that im not going to want to, but you cant just give God only most of your heart you have to open up in complete surrender and brokeness...because how else will he be able to heal and work through you...




These Dreams i have are ME...and if i want to truly be me...its time to let that peice of my heart show...


No comments:

Post a Comment